Since beginning my freelance career, I have edited over 20 video game scripts, 8 full-length books, and over 50,000 words worth of short stories. In 2016, I added Japanese to English translation to my services and have since translated thousands of video game lines and several manga volumes. My experience has led me to work with direct clients as well as third-party agencies.
Kaylin’s editing services were helpful to me as I prepared a book manuscript for publication. It was great to have a fresh set of eyes look over my work. She caught some things I missed, offered helpful suggestions, and posed some questions which helped me revise and clarify my writing.
Author of No Ordinary Invitation: Called to Live a Life of Eternal Purpose
Kaylin is extremely responsive and works very collaboratively with you as an author. During the editing process, if she has questions about story flow, word choice or context, she will contact you before making arbitrary changes. Very professional, prompt, and my first choice for editing projects!
We are a Japanese company that makes romance apps for both women and men. We have been working with Kaylin for over a year on various projects. She always meets her deadlines and delivers high-quality work. Thanks to her help, our apps have received much better reviews than before.
Executive Vice President of Genius, Inc.
Kaylin Calvert edited my book Left Hand Tree and Others with fresh insight and an attentiveness to detail that had me thinking differently about a wide variety of decisions I’d made while writing it—in particular, decisions concerning grammar and manuscript design. She is unobtrusive in regards to content, unless a specific detail stands out as potentially problematic in regards to language or story continuity. But she very nicely relegates creative decisions to the author (unless asked), and spends her creative energy and editorial talent on bettering the mechanics of the author’s manuscript. If you are writing your first, or your twenty-first book, Kaylin is someone I’d definitely recommend as the person you hand your manuscript to for critical editing.
Author of Left Hand Tree and Others
- Passion for stories of all formats and genres.
- Ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An eye for detail and a dedication to quality work.
- Experienced user of Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Left Hand Tree and Others (horror novel) by Jay Gunter (Editor)
- Twilight School (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- My Fake Boyfriend (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- Otouto Scramble 2 (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- Princess of the Dead (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- Loyalty for Love (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- My Musical Romance (otome game) by Genius, Inc. (Editor)
- No Ordinary Invitation (inspirational non-fiction) by Francee Strain (Manuscript Consultant)